Ever=so far/for the next 3 months? I’m heavily biased anyway. Oh, and only of tween/teen books.
This is my first ‘Top Ten Tuesday’ post (a weekly booky thing from That Artsy Reader Girl – go look). I’ve always wanted to do one of these thingies, and this is the perfect subject: Cover art. I’m not going to get creative, I’m just doing the obvious – although doing ‘cringiest covers anyone on this planet has ever seen’ was tempting and very me, I get way over ten before I leave books for nine year olds (not… Going… To… Say… Harry.. Potter…).
My Favourite Book Covers:
- Greenglass House – Kate Milford
- The Left-Handed Fate – Kate Milford
- The Broken Lands – Kate Milford
- Ghosts of Greenglass House – Kate Milford
- Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow (see which one later, some are just sad) – Jessica Townsend
- The Thief Knot – Kate Milford
- I am David (also check which one – I’m to lazy to check the publishers) – Anne Holm
- Operation Rhino – Lauren St John
- The Ordinary Princess (the one below) – M. M. Kaye
- The Boneshaker – Kate Milford
Anyone seeing a pattern here? Obviously I like the Kate Milford design style. It’s the style, not just individual books art.
And I had too include an 11:
11. I Shall Wear Midnight (only the one here) – Terry Pratchett
DISCLAIMER BEFORE YOU VIEW THE FOLLOWING IMAGES: I KNOW NO RESPECTABLE BOOK-NERD SHOULD OPEN BOOK FLAT ON A SURFACE, AS I DID ONCE OR TWICE. I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANXIETY ATTACKS. I PUT ALL OF THOSE BOOKS INTO MY HOMEMADE BOOK-SQUISHER (my non-fiction shelf. Lots of big hardcovers) AFTERWARDS. And I know some of the books are a bit mangled, but I don’t lend books to that friend anymore (joking).
It’s just more fun to use my own photos because then I don’t need to worry about linking and stuff.
Which of these is your favourite? All-time bests?
And sorry, you’ll probably have to actually open the pictures (ahhh! No! How you be expected to move the mouse all the way over to the image and then still press down slightly with one finger?!). And after you do that, I apologise for the quality.