Ten (plus a few extra) Terry Pratchett quotes that sound cool but will probably can never actually have personal meaning and really shouldn’t have been taken out of context. Mostly funny, but also including slightly creepy, inspiring, depressing and cynical.
This is Top Ten Tuesday post, a weekly challenge hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Check her out!
In absolutely no order, here they are:
- Evil begins when you begin to treat people as things.” (I Shall Wear Midnight)
- If you trust in yourself…and believe in your dreams…and follow your star…you’ll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren’t so lazy. (The Wee Free Men)
- Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you. (Small Gods)
- Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving. (A Hat Full of Sky)
- There have been times, lately, when I dearly wished that I could change the past. Well, I can’t, but I can change the present, so that when it becomes the past it will turn out to be a past worth having. (I Shall Wear Midnight)
- Sometimes glass glitters more than diamonds because it has more to prove. (The Truth)
- The worst thing you can do is nothing. (Snuff)
- Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying ‘End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH’, the paint wouldn’t even have time to dry. (Thief of Time)
- Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind. (Reaper Man)
- If cats looked like frogs we’d realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That’s what people remember. (Lords and Ladies)
- They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it’s not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance. (Equal Rites)
- Somewhere, all stories are real and all dreams come true. (The Wee Free Men) (this would sound cooler if it continued, “And that somewhere is probably in your mind” but anyway. Doesn’t work in context.)
Any others you like? Please share, don’t be a selfish little hording playground rat.